Sunday, April 9, 2017

A Week of Homestead Photos April 2nd - 8th

Michigan, oh, Michigan..... Where the weather is made up and the seasons don't matter. It snowed this week in between some very lovely days. There is nothing like thunder, lightning, and snow all at the same time! I am hoping and praying that was our last snow for the year because I am yearning to get into the garden.

This week has been crazy here on the homestead. The country kids were on spring break and fighting like cats and dogs. I ticked another year older. And my grandmother has been having medical issues. Most days I laugh and cry with in minutes of each other. But I prefer to look for the beauty and happiness in life, so I keep taking deep breaths, and pulling my big girl panties up.

So what made me smile this week?


Time to make the breakfast. Thank you Ester for your contribution!


Betty and Mr Bill should be so proud, they raised Baby Girl right! When Buffy started picking on Cinder, Baby Girl rushed in and broke it up! Buffy knows better then to mess with a duck. Baby Girl will chest bump her into next week!


When I asked Anna what she thought of Mondays....... Bwaaa haa haa Yup, that sums it up!


When informed it was time to go out and do her morning business, Heidi the homestead house looked at me and ignored me! This is her looking and ignoring. Guess the recliner was just too comfy to crawl out of this morning. Of course I can't blame her, I mean who wants to pee outside when it is like 40 degrees out.....


Who is a very happy girl? This girl!!! Check out this beautiful 120 ft hose I got at a great price. Guess who can water every inch of her garden this summer with ease?!?! I am so ready. I know I'm weird but I'm over the moon! 


Finally found a place to permanently set up my sewing machine and I've been a busy girl!
Check out this Shabby Chic Burlap Bunny I made.


The littlest country kid wanted to give me a box of farts for my birthday, and then this box showed up.....

Thankfully it wasn't a box of farts and the country kids had made me some lovely pictures instead!



Look what hubby got me for my birthday! A yarn tote is practical and useful. He knows me so well. And I am so proud of him for using a 50% off coupon to buy it! He really knows how to impress me!


On my way to dump the country kids at a friend's so hubby can take me out for my birthday dinner. Our original sitter fell through last minute. So thankful for good friends who step in last minute to help. I am looking forward to a calm dinner at my favorite bar and grill. No country kid drama to ruin my fish and chips.


It's called "How'd I get to Tijuana & where's my bikini." I wouldn't wear a bikini to begin with, so at least I know where mine went.... still not sure how I got to Tijuana though!!


This is an awful photo because it was taken from a distance but it is super cool..... that is a duck, in a tree, and it's not one of ours! There was a pair of them. I think they were curious about Mr Bill, Betty and Baby Girl. I'm thinking they might be wild wood ducks. How neat is this?!?!?


Got our first tray of seeds going, finally. Only another month or so till it will be safe to start planting outside. Living so far north sucks sometimes, but gardening season will come sooner or later. 


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!


16 comments:

  1. It is fun to see your homestead pictures... I hope you have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to have a good week every week. Unfortunately life happens LOL

      Delete
  2. That quail picture is really good! And the duck in the tree? Priceless! Dona

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and fun week. Love your cat and dog and all of the other animals. Hopefully you had a nice birthday dinner. Thanks for sharing at Over The Moon Party. Hope you come back next week so I can stop by again. I hope you will stop by Thursday Favorite Things tomorrow.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a nice birthday, thank you :)

      Delete
  4. That picture of your cat! bah ha ha! Is that what you looked like after that birthday drink? ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with you cat - that's exactly how I feel Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photos, especially of the chickens and ducks, but DANG! that's an awesome garden hose! I get excited about those, too! We use rain barrels and cheap hoses just can not stand up to any debris at all. Thank you for sharing your post at Tuesdays with a Twist! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been through too many hoses, so if I was going to spend money, this time it was going to be a good one!

      Delete
  7. Bwahahaha! That picture of your cat is great. Glad to see you had a good week, thanks for sharing at the #WasteLessWednesday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is my little buddy. She is polydactal and has some health issues, but she is so sweet and always sleeps with me, digging all 26 finger nails into me LOL

      Delete
  8. I'm so glad you had a lovely birthday. Belated Happy Birthday wishes, and I hope you have a wonderful year ahead, Mindie! Love the photo of your cat, our late cats used to stick their tongues out like that from time to time and it's so cute! It was nice seeing the sweet pictures from your kids as well. Hope you had a lovely Easter, and thank you so much for sharing with us at Hearth and Soul. Sharing this post on the Hearth and Soul Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Anna always has her tongue out! I sometimes push it back in LOL.

      Delete